So I tried a recipe I found on Pinterest and they were amazing...You may have heard about Jessica Simpson talking about these "Slutty Brownies" as one of her pregnancy cravings on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. If you are curious as to how they got their name the original recipe came from Here They were a huge hit at a get together we had last week and I sent the extras to the neighbors house becuase I know that I couldn't trust myself with these in the house. They were just too good...
So, after thinking about those brownies all week I decided that I wanted to try to make a peanut butter version of the brownie. I started with a peanut butter cookie layer for the bottom, a layer of Nutter Butter Cookies and topped it off with a brownie mix. My mind is spinning now with all the variations that you could make with this three layer recipe...the possibilities are endless. Monster Cookie dough with oreos and brownies, snickerdoodle cookies with vanilla oreos and a blondie recipe on top...my neighbors may be getting more baked goods very soon. Here's the recipe...
Bottom Layer
Middle Layer
1 package Nutter Butter cookies
Top Layer
1 Family Size Brownie Mix
Oil
Eggs
Water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Cream butters and sugars together. Add egg and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Press into the prepared 9 x 13 pan. Next, lay the Nutter Butter cookies over the peanut butter cookie mixture. Finally, mix brownie mix according to package directions. Pour over the first two layers and spread evenly in pan. Bake in 350 degree oven until a knife inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean. In my 350 degree convection oven it took about 35 minutes. Let cool before cutting.

1 comment:
That sounds fantastic!
Post a Comment